- product name:Pyridine sulfur trioxide
- product alias:Pyridine,compd.withsulfurtrioxide(1:1)
- Molecular formula:C5H5N.O3S
- Molecular weight:159.16
- CAS No:26412-87-3
- dangerous mark:C
- Safety term:S26:In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. S36/37/39:Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection
- Risk term:R22:Harmful if swallowed. R34:Causes burns.
Pyridine sulfur trioxide is an intermediate of sodium sugar anhydride sodium ester. Generally used as a sulfonation agent, mild reaction, the nature of stability; in the field of biological pharmacy, commonly used as organic oxidants and sulfuric acid esterification agent. Special sulfonation reagents for sulfonation of furan, pyridine, etc.. Also used as an oxidizing agent and as a sulfonation agent.